Northcott Block Party Challenge
Hickory Hill Quilts is READY TO PARTY!!!! A BLOCK PARTY THAT IS!Peggy Urban purchased our first block sold yesterday and today, Northcott published our blocks on their Facebook page (which I shared on our FB page) and we got our first out-of-state order from Colorado! I am SEWWWWW excited about this. We have them on our web site under Shop Online, Kits. They are $12 each. We also have the full line of competition fabric in house with more bolts coming. The Amy "edition" of the rules which we included in the kits is below.
Northcott Stonehenge International Block
Party Contest Rules
For complete details go to northcott.com
These rules are a summary of 4 pages of detailed information on the web site or at the local shops.
- Participating shops have kitted their registered blocks with fabric for sale.
- Consumer are invited to collect the unique blocks – as many as they like.
- The challenge for consumers is to use AT LEAST 12 DIFFERENT BLOCKS in a quilt.
- The quilt front including the binding must be made of 100% Stonehenge fabrics from the Solstice Anniversary collection with the option of including:
o Stonehenge Gradations Oxidized Copper palette
o Stonehenge Gradations Robins Egg Sku 39300-79
o The quilt backing can be any fabric of your choice
- The Northcott judges will select 10 finalists and have them send in their quilts for a final round of judging. They will choose a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner.
- The deadline is 12/31/19. Submit online with a short description about the blocks used and the shops where they were purchased!
- Judging will be looking for the following:
o Use of Solstice Blocks in quilt design – to ensure use of Stonehenge fabrics
o Overall impression – all the elements come together for an eye pleasing effect
o Workmanship – quality and attention to detail
o Creativity – inventive and fun details that make the quilt stand out
- Winners will be chosen by 2/28/2020
- 1st Place = 9-Day Trip for two to England with a private tour of Stonehenge in June 2020
- 2nd Place = $1,000 and a $250 Stonehenge fabric prize pack.
- 3rd Place = $500 and a $100 Stonehenge fabric prize pack.
- Entering the challenge means you have read all the rules on the web site and consent to the terms and conditions. Examples:
o Use of your name and contact information
o Photos, etc with no add’l compensation
o Internet and E-Mail security
For official information and complete details, see the video and detailed rules at the following links.
After checking the information on the web, if you have questions, please email email@example.com.