CHARITY BOM 2020 STARTS JAN 2!!! Sign Up On Line or in the Shop!
2020 Community Service Block of the Month (BOM)
This Hickory Hill Community Service BOM program for 2020 will continue our efforts for in-state children in long term care. Wanda Mills continues to champion this effort and has created a lovely quilt that everyone can enjoy and this year that YOU GET TO KEEP THE BLOCKS! We will pursue completing the blocks and projects on hand.
HHQ will continue to host charity sew days once a month (4th Saturday-ALT DATE IN FEBRUARY!). These days will also be potluck lunch days!
AS A REWARD FOR HELPING HANDS: Every Charity Sew Day, all volunteers get 10% off all fabric purchases and 10% extra off the sale room! All participants get 15% off fabric purchases for boarders, sashing, backing, etc. to support this project and any enlargement to it.
- Participants must sign up. $20
- Every month you will get a block pattern and fabric for $1 between the 1st and 10th.
- Any other days of the month it will be $2!
- Sign-ups can happen at any time during the year, but we will not guarantee back month blocks, but we will try.
- Participants keep the blocks!
- As an encouragement to complete the blocks – if you bring it in monthly between 1st and 10th, we will put your name in a drawing for a 20% off coupon to be used at your discretion for fabric purchases.
- Starting January 1st, we will kick off the program and begin giving out the January blocks all month for $1, so $21 in January. In February, we will kick in the above rules on pick up dates and fees.
- Participants can have someone pick up their blocks for $2. We want to see your smiling face!
- Sew days will be used to work on charity blocks, quilts, sandwiches and to quilt projects. We will continue to make special projects with free instruction days. If the volunteer has taken our Long Arm Training Class, they can quilt the community service quilts with our machines on Charity Sew Days.
SIGN UP INSTRUCTIONS: This BOM is in the Class Calendar. Please sign up and pay your $20 either online or in the shop. If you have any questions call Hickory Hill Quilts at 501-318-2739.